Vision & Mission
Acquisition of qualified Teachers that will cater for the Educational Manpower, and other related developmental needs of the State in particular, and the entire Nation in general.
1. To provide full-time courses in teaching, instruction and training in Arts, Education, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, and Vocational and Technical Education, and other fields of learning relevant to the needs of the development of the State in particular, and Nigeria in general.
2. To offer courses leading to the Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) through a three year academic and professional courses, on successful completion of which candidates shall qualify as teachers in primary and post primary schools.
3. To offer courses leading to degree and diploma in education, and acts as centre for research into the various areas of educational theory and practice.
4. To run, from time to time, in-service vacation courses for serving teachers, as well as playing a role of consultancy service in all sections of the teaching profession.
5. To arrange conferences, seminars and workshops relevant to the fields of learning specified above.
Objectives of the College.
The College has the following objectives.
a) To offer courses leading to the Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) through a three year academic and professional courses on successful completion of which candidates qualify as teachers in both Primary and Secondary Schools.
b) To act as centre for research into the various areas of Educational theory and practice.
c) To play a consultancy role in all sections of the teaching profession.